What to look for in your Employment Contract
1. Is your name and the full name of your employer stated correctly?
2. Is the date that your employment began stated?
3. If any previous employment counts toward your ‘continuous employment’, this should be
4. Where is your expected place of work and can this change?
5. What will your job title be and is there a brief description of your duties?
6. Is your rate of pay given and details of when and how you will be paid?
7. Are your working days and hours detailed?
8. What is your holiday entitlement?
9. Are details given of what to do if you are absent from work due to sickness or illness
and do you receive pay when absent?
10. What is your notice period if you want to terminate your employment and is this
different if the employer wants to terminate your employment?
11. What details are given in relation to a company pension?
12. Will the job be permanent or is it temporary?